Friday, June 13, 2014

Winthrop Half Marathon

We planned a big race party.  So many of our friends and their families were going to join us, we'd all run it together, camp together, and party together afterward.  Well, as it turned out far fewer of us ended up going, but we still had a great time. 

My running buddy, Rob, and I planned to execute a training plan together and run the race together.  We did run several runs together, however the training plan fell apart a bit because either he or I would be sick or out of town or injured (more he than I).  Still, we muddled through, and after much nagging, Rob registered at the last minute and we were on our way! 

Not having done any speedwork or tempo runs, we planned just a nice, simple jog to have fun during the race.  No time goals, just finish.  We knew we'd walk the uphills and run nice and easy the rest of the time, so no pressure. 

Well (ahem), it turns out we walked way more than just the uphills.  But we did persevere at walk-running the whole time, and made it to the end intact!  Hoorah!  And we did have LOTS of fun.  And took a selfie every mile of the way to commemorate the fab time we were having. 

Here I would love to show all the pictures, but they turned out upside down AGAIN!  I think that happens when I take a selfie.  Bugger.  However, I will upload them to facebook and you can check them out there.  Sigh.  facebook album: Winthrop Half Marathon



No comments:

Post a Comment