Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Introduction

Patch of Blue…

I love sunshine. I love the feel of the warmth on my shoulders from above. I love the golden kiss on my face and hair. I feel the rich rays of light infusing my body and the landscape around me with nourishment.

I live in Canada. While I love this country and all it offers, often other places like Mexico and Hawaii hog all the sun. What we in Western Canada are left with during the cooler months is overcast skies. Frequently these cloudy heavens are accompanied by dampness in the air, but also just the shady cold under the cloud blanket.

Sometimes while riding in the car on the way to an anticipated event - picnic, day at the playground, festival, parade, you name it - I look up at the sky to gauge the upcoming weather. I see grey. I know the day will be chilly, and may be wet. While we will still make the most of our plans for the day, the disappointing weather takes the fun down a notch. Now and then when I look at the sky, I see a little patch of blue ahead. That patch of sky peeking though the cloud layer represents hope; hope that the clouds will clear away and the sun will shine through (even if only briefly) to make our day brighter and our fun funner.

The patch of blue has become an analogy for hope in every area of my life. A reminder that just on the other side of the heavy clouds is a clear, sun-filled sky just waiting to shine through. No matter how dreary my task or how difficult my day, there is always a chance it will brighten up.

I am making an effort to focus on positive things. To look at the sky and see the patch of blue, not dwell on the rain clouds. I mean to find inspiration and motivation every day to be the person I want to be. The purpose of this blog is to share my journey, successes and defeats. I hope you will be able to learn from my mistakes, share my epiphanies (if I ever have any), and choose your own motivations from what I have to offer. I welcome your input, your advice, your comments, or just commiseration. Thanks for reading… for now, I see a patch of blue and a ray of sun in the sky outside so I’m going out to enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging. Hope you love it :o)

    ReplyDelete