Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Soft Pretzels

It was time to try something new, and since I was stuck being homebound all day while the workmen were putting our basement into (sort of) order, I thought I'd bake.  Madison helped me decide to try the soft pretzels.  I had tried a different version some years ago with whole wheat flour and a soda dip.  This one was much simpler, and the family agreed it was tasty.  Butter and salt may have had something to do with it. 

I found the recipe here.  This blogger wanted them to be vegan, but I used real butter.  I suppose I could switch to margerine if I was making these for a vegan, but since I very seldom cook for vegans, real butter is the way to go. 


I shaped them into sort of pretzel shapes.  Yes, I am aware they look like turds in the photo.  I should have twisted them more, dough sprang back after I shaped them.  Oh well, they were still delicious. 

Fluffy and chewy, and I sprinkled on lots of salt. 



No comments:

Post a Comment