Thursday, October 21, 2010

Halloween

DOMO!Image by Lunchbox Photography via Flickr

Halloween is approaching, and the kids are all ready with their costumes. Unfortunately, I was overruled this year on the family theme issue. Usually I like all our costumes to follow a theme (like Peter Pan characters, or The Wizard of Oz) We have done theme costumes since Madison’s first year dressing up. But this year Madison chose to be a witch, Kai found a snake costume, Caylie picked Minnie Mouse, and Kent decided to go with the surgical scrubs in the back of our closet. Sigh.

I suppose the family theme had it’s years numbered. It’s not like I thought they’d still be dressing up and hanging out with me in their teen years. But still, I thought it would last a little longer. It was so much fun to go trick-or-treating together, or to go to the costume parade at school or the mall and show our Halloween spirit.

This year we have been invited to a family costume party. It should be fun and the kids will get to play with their little friends. This would have been a perfect place to wear theme costumes, but oh well. I’ll just have to dig around in the dress-up clothes and put a costume together for myself. Don’t think I can fit into the kids’ bumble bee outfit, so my other options are: pirate or princess. I think we need some new items in the dress-up box.

No matter, I’m sure the kids will have a blast showing off their costume picks at school and trick-or-treating a truckload of candy. The whole point of Halloween is for the kids to have fun after all, right?


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment