Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hash Report

Kent and I have been members of a running group in Penticton for the last year or so (me more peripherally than Kent, who is a regular).  The group meets every Sunday to run, drink, and generally carouse.  Every time we run, one member runs ahead to lay the trail and plan the route, while the rest of the pack follows flour marks they left behind.  This feels like a big responsibility because the marks must be intriguing enough to entertain, but easy enough to follow.  That, and the pack usually complains loudly about it nevertheless. 

Last Sunday (St Paddy's Day) was my first turn to plan and lay the course.  I had prepared some activities and refreshments to delight the attendees, and was proud of the results.  I may do another one before the year is out. 

To read their account of how it went, visit:  http://shiggydusters.com/?p=2891

No comments:

Post a Comment