Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Moving... again.

Moving time is upon us and we are looking forward to setting up our new house. We live among a forest of boxes, piles, stacks, and heaps. I am trying to organize and purge as I go, but I’m sure there will be plenty of superfluous stuff carted into the new house and then discarded as I try to find a place for it. I am determined to keep my new home organized and clutter-free (at least more so than my current home). My rule for determining if we’ll keep an item or not is this: Do I use this? Do I love it? If the answer is no, then it gets listed or freecycled.
The task ahead of moving our life into a permanent home is almost too much to swallow. I am so sick of moving! But this time will be the last time (or so we are telling ourselves). And I really am excited to live in this house - I love it! It’s at once modern and historic, functional and characteristic, stylish and comfortable. The location is great, and there is space and privacy. I’ll be proud to entertain there and I’m looking forward to having our first guests over (after we unpack, of course).
So this spring break will be busy enough with lifting and hauling, unpacking and cleaning. But I hope to get some pics of the new house and of the kids soon enough, hopefully in not too long!

1 comment:

  1. Your new home sounds wonderful for so many reasons! And one of the main ones is knowing that it will be permanent. We moved 10 times in our first 10 years of marriage and it was no fun at all! Good luck with the move and starting fresh in a new home and with all your hopes of your wanting to simplify and be organized. And the start of Spring just makes the timing seem all the more appropriate for new beginnings :-) Looking forward to pictures.

    ReplyDelete